Saturday, January 12, 2008

Knitting With Butter

I am such a colour junkie and this picture appeals to me on every level. Colour, knitting, cute baby, creative use of buttons, hats..I love hats...
The kettle dyed wool that is coming out of South America these days is quite lovely. My local yarn shop refers to it as "knitting with butter."
I have a weakness for lace knitting and the new Malabrigo lace weight yarn is just crying out to get on my needles. IF I could find my lace knitting books. I am sure I didn't give them to Julia when I was cleaning out my book shelves. You just know if I buy another copy mine will show up.
I have no idea what I am going to knit but I NEED some of that wool. True knitters have a mystical connection with the fibre which allows us to use our senses of touch, sight and of course smell to envision how the yarn will look when it's knit up. You can always spot a true fibre junkie.... they will be sniffing the yarn. *G*
~MUM~

No comments: