Monday, March 2, 2009

A Yarn Harlot moment


It happens to all of us at one time or another. After laughing myself silly whilst reading the Yarn Harlot ( Feb 26, 2009) I went back to my sock. The knitting curse transferred itself to me. I saw Corinne's sock on Sat and realized mine was not up to snuf. Short row heels are not on my list of favourites but as I had ribbed the back portion of the pattern per the designers wishes I felt I was stuck following the pattern. I much prefer a gussett. Anyway, I could see spaces and that was not going to be good enough. So...last night I ripped it out and started the decreasing again. I kept loosing the wrap on the purl row and frogged a couple of times. At last I had 10 "shorts" on each side of the needle and began knitting them up. I was about halfway done when I realized my needle was on a distinct slope. Damn I had knit up 7 on one side and 5 on the other. Don't ask me! Crap crap. I ripped back to the top and started again. Counting across pick up wrap and stitch, knit, turn, slip, knit purl count across to the next stitch. I got to 2 stitches left on one side and I had 4 on the other. Damn bugger blast. I ripped the whole thing back to the beginning. This heel is going to be in stocking stitch!! It will match the toe. Thank god I have loads of wool.
`MuM

No comments: