Saturday, March 21, 2009

Perfect length.

I am very satisfied with the result!
Visited Corinne for the day and took my son in laws birthday present to him. Two... hear it ...Two trips to Spun Fibres in Burlington. I showed a great deal of restraint the first trip I picked up 2 balls of sock yarn. Corinne bought a lace pattern booklet, more on that at a later date.I drooled over this yarn from Peru made out of 100% sugar cane. I kid you not. Corinne bought a skein, "Just to have"

An hour later we were back and I bought the last two....sigh ....The first step is to admit you are powerless over "yarn."


I ask you how could I pass this up?.......22st= 10 cm, 241M per ball. what am I going to do with it now?? Something to think about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please pardon my absence :-), work is just *stunning* at the moment. That is such a gorgeous shawl, such patience required though? Sugar cane yarn? The colours look wonderful and it will be interesting to see how it knits. What does it feel like? Yes, Spain. It was going to be Canada (!) but your last couple of summers haven't been that flash and I didn't want to be cold. I honestly don't know how you cope with the winters.

Granny's Girls said...

The last couple of summers have been damp but hot. The humidity would kill you. As for the winter. That is another story. The bitching commences around November and carries through to May. The older I get the harder it is to handle. We stay inside and knit our brains out..lol
The sugar cane yarn feels very soft somewhat like the bamboo yarn I have in my stash. The shawl pattern really is easy. It is all knit, purl, knit 2 together,yarn overs, ssk and slip 1 knit 2 together and pass slip stitch over, Thats all the stitches you need to know. I enjoyed it so much I am doing it again!!
~Susan