Saturday, August 9, 2008

Trying something new...

I avoid fingering yarn like the plague. Why? Because you use these thin little needles and that drives me insane. Hours and hours of work and you only have an inch to show for it. *shudder* Mum loves using lace weight and cobweb yarn. Not for me.

Now, I did start knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for myself out of fingering yarn (is that ironic?)I got at the Creative Needle Festival Colinette Jitterbug. Using 3.25 isn't my favourite but they are working up quickly and I'm actually enjoying it.

I decided to take the ultimate fingering weight plunge. I have signed up to be part of Mystery Shawl #10

Shawl information:
Shape: Triangular
Yarn: Susan's Spinning Bunny Panda (1100yds, 8oz)
Needles: US6 (4mm)

It's using 4mm, so I can totally live with that.

What happens is that in September they send out the first clue and you start knitting. Every other week, you get a new clue. You have no idea what it will look like finished, which is kind of fun. At least it will keep me interested and in the end I should have a very nice looking piece. Since this is starting so close to Samhain and Hallowe'en, I'm hoping for skulls *BG* There're lots of pictures of the previous Mystery Shawls and they are all beautiful.

I'll shop for yarn at the KW show...unless I decide to go for the Panda in which case I'll shop for something else. LOL

There's a Ravelry group HERE as well if you are interested.

~Daughter #1

No comments: