Saturday, December 20, 2008

Amigurumi

I recently bought a copy of the Knit.1 magazine because I saw the cute little Chinese zodiac animals inside. Thought the girls would like one. BTW you can get the pattern free on their website. CLICK HERE


I think I might be one of the last people to hear of this new crafting trend. Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. When you work on them you use the spiral method as opposed to 'rounds' that we use here in North America. I had no idea what all of the fuss was until I did a bit more research. This could be the future of a major time suck for me.

They are so cute and would take no time at all to make up. Not to mention that it is a great way to use up all those left over bits from other projects. If that wasn't enough I even found a "How To" on YouTube!

Have fun!

Let us know in the comments if you have made any. I'd love to hear what creative creatures have come to life from this. I'm off to make a Rabbit and an Ox, then I might make the Dragon just for fun.









~ Daughter #1

No comments: