Thursday, May 1, 2008

So many projects, so little time.

I thought I would chime in for a moment. I've been bogged down at work, getting the new store ready for the May 8th Grand Opening. It has cut into my knitting and writing time something dreadful.

I did feel they was a shocking lack of yarn at the show. I know I wasn't alone in this feeling. I commented that I didn't want to leave one of the booths, and Julia suggested we make a nest out of all the pretties. I wish I could remember which company that was. Do either of you remember? Mum we saw them at the Bingman's show last September. Comments on that day can be found here.

Not that I didn't find any new projects. I got a lovely skein of yarn. I have no idea what I am going to do with one skein of fingering weight. For now it is going into my stash to drool over and rub against my cheek when ever I feel the need.

I got bit by the crosstitch bug again. I am notorious for starting cross stitch and not finishing it. I've been working on my "Green man" for about 5 years. One day I hope to finish him. This is a very simple design called Dragon's Heart and the linen is hand dyed, absolutely GORGEOUS. I couldn't resist the hand dyed silk thread I'm going to work with. All of it is from Enchanting Lair. I love their stuff
As soon as life settles down a bit and I can carve out some needlework time. I can't wait.
~Daughter #1

1 comment:

Susan said...

The Downtown Knit Collective had their show, "Knitters Frolic" at the Japanese Cultural Center, on the Saturday. That's where they yarn dealers were! Too bad we couldn't go this year. It's a "for sure" for next year. The "pretties booth" was from Village Yarns. This was definitely "top drawer" stuff. Once again we drooled but didn't buy. Too hard to pick which one to buy with out cashing in the RRSP!..rofl