Friday, March 16, 2012

Back to the knitting...

 ...still cleaning up UFO's. Started these socks a couple of months ago. Really they are a quick knit. (when you knit) For some strange reason they do not knit themselves... duh
This is from Cat Bordhi's latest book which I downloaded through Ravelry. Sweet Tomato Heel socks. I will link to the exact title in a minute.  Here is the pertinent info:
2.5mm needle
56 sts
toe up
Judy's Magic Cast On
Cat's Sweet Tomato Heel
Jenny's Super Stretchy Cast Off
knit the ribbing (2x2) as long as your foot.
Fits me perfectly. Am turning the heel on the second sock. When I get to the ribbing it becomes mindless TV knitting. I am almost finished the Dragon sock I started in Mexico and I want to get the second one on the needles. Leave it to me to have 2 new pair of socks I probably won't need to wear until fall.
I am crocheting another rope, just to keep my self busy (insert maniacal laugh). This one is made using #11 beads and is finer than the last one. Photo taken on a mirror by my "camera guy."
When the socks are finished I am going to finish the Icarus Shawl! Really. Promise. I have a lot of grafting to do and that is why it has languished in the basket. Must be done before I can start anything else! Stay tuned.

No comments: