Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The mail finally arrived.

Yarn-a-lish-ous Minstrel Muse from twisted fibers for the Rivendell Cowl.
Cash Silk for the heirloom shawl I am dying to knit.. A-hem looks a little fine. That is a Canadian dime. This stuff is two ply!
Just so you don't think I am swanning around the Internet doing nothing but buying wool. This lump is the Adamas Stole. This project creeps along at a mind numbing pace. I have two more repeats and the edging to go. There are so many other things I would rather be working on right now.
My progress bars seem to be locked in place. My plan was to have the Adamas out of the way by July 1st. That's two days away. This working full time is really getting in the way of my knitting. The push is on to finish. Julia has almost finished her Mulberry and silk sweater and I have only 1 inch knit on mine. I think I shall attack that next alternating with a lace scarf. I have found the perfect pattern for one of the hand dyes I purchased from Colin. Not too impressive. Yet!
Colin strikes again! I snapped this up out of the Knitman's Kitchen before it was dry. Yesss! Perfect Parrot coloured yarn destined to become the Parrot Wing Scarf. Stay tuned. I am hunting for the right beads.
Just to give you some perspective on the Cash Silk from heirloom knitting. That's 9 balls there folks. Each one smaller than my mouse.
When I hefted the parcel I thought they must have made a mistake. There couldn't possibly be 9 balls in here. OMG what have I got myself in for now? This is going to require some serious swatching.
As usual click on the picture for a better look.

1 comment:

Abbeysmum said...

Hi Susan, happy to see you have so much fun ahead, hope you enjoy it all. I have just started knitting the Baby Surprise jacket, just as a "run through" because I would like to do the adult one soon.It is such a useful and timeless style, and it looks like fun to knit, I am really enjoying the process so far, very clever design.