Monday, June 1, 2009

Progress report..

I am on round 153. It is difficult to get a picture at this stage. I am on the home stretch now. Hovering in the wings is the new project. It takes over an hour to knit the plain round and over two hours to knit the pattern round.

Birthday wool! Thank you Mummy for the "where with all" to go shopping; arrayed on birthday shawl from Sandy (who knew this had my name all over it. It's a stunner and it has silver threads shot through it. Divine.I am wearing it to work today.) Back to the lace weight. The colours are, pewter, copper, curry, sable, suede and off white. With bronzed beads yet..OOO's and AHHHH's.
About the pattern: I get daily emails from Knitting Daily always interesting some days more than others. Sign up, it's free and sometimes you get gorgeous e patterns also free. You will get advertising for interweave press publications but not so much as to be truly irritating. This is the "Thordis Icelandic Shawl." It just struck a cord with me and I have to knit it. I am going to add some beads at the end. It reminds me of a Hap shawl. This was one of 7 lace patterns that are available to readers.Speaking of Piecework I have to stop at Chapters tonight and get the latest issue of that magazine, before they are all gone. It is all about lace.....I can not find a copy of "Anna" in London. They are supposed to be issuing the Neibling patterns..damn x 2
The gauntlet has been thrown down by smarty pants child. Hmmmm she has already finished Clue one and I am only on row 10 of the Mother's Day Shawl KAL this is going to take some serious knitting to even the playing field. Guess who's socks aren't going to be worked on? At this rate she should have them for the winter. That is all for now!
~MuM

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you mentioned how long it takes to knit the plain and patterned rows on the tea cloth. I thought it was just because I'm not very good that it was taking me 1.5 hours to do the purl row on my shawl (I think I'm up to about 425 stitches per row now). I'm reading your blog backwards, so I can also tell you that your tea cloth turned out beautifully! Congratulations!