Monday, June 22, 2009

In response.......

Well, I am feeling a little bereft now that the Tea Cloth is finally finished. Wandering in and out of my yarn room sniffing hanks of wool and sighing..Sad really.
My next mammoth project is going to be Sharon Miller's Queen Shawl. I have the merino..on a cone..2/48 which translates as pretty friggin' fine as opposed to what I was just knitting which was fine-ish. A 2mm needle...pish tush..I've knit with thinner and the pattern which will require a lot more study. My plan was to start this in July. I have lots of.......oh crap June is almost gone.....eeeeeeee I had better make up my mind, Borders outward or borders inward?
Thank you for the lovely comments. I am rather chuffed. As my darling Daddy would have said, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back."
Yesterday was Father's Day and I thought of him all day. Too bad I don't have a picture of him knitting. Like that would ever happen. He would sit and knit and if anyone came to the door he would stuff the knitting down the cushions of the couch and pick up the newspaper. When I told him I was expecting he went right out to the wool shop and bought yellow baby wool...3ply... and new needles and promptly cast on a sweater. When the woman in the shop asked ,"Oh, is Ann going to knit?" My father said," Good god no, it's for me." He said he didn't care who knew now. HE was going to be a Grandfather! He loved knitting baby sweaters with tiny cables and eyelets..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

susan it depends on the weight. a 500gm package will cost £7 p+p.
bw
colin

happyone said...

That is so cool that your dad was a knitter. :-)

FuguesStateKnits said...

What a great memory of your Dad! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Isn't it amazing how grandchildren make us grow?