Friday, June 12, 2009

Fire in the Hole!



These are my finished sock weapons, launched from a post office this morning and are now ever so slowly making there way to my target. LOL. (I bet that sentence gets us on an FBI/RCMP watch list) I really can't believe that I'm still alive, I thought for certain I would be knocked out by now. So now I sit back and wait for my SIP's (socks in progress) or my death what ever comes first.

I celebrated by starting a new project. LOL I got some absolutely awesome handspun from the Samurai Knitter called Frog in a Blender. I love it. Every time I pick it up, I smile. it's sock weight but i didn't want to hide this in my shoes so after a long deliberation I decided on a cowl for the fall.

A spinning eyelet should make it look blenderish. Then I found the perfect pattern in my (mum's) book. It looks like little webbed feet!! So I did those around the bottom and then will start the spinning eyelets from there. I know, I have a bit of a twisted sense of humour but it's really not that sick.
If I was really sick, I would sew on little eyes here and there....... ;o)


6 comments:

Julie said...

Nice socks!

Wow, my yarn never looked so good! I should get you here to take photos of all my yarn.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. That's the great fun of selling my yarn - I get to feel creative vicariously. I'd never have thought of the webbed feet, but it sounds hilarious.

Susan said...

That's my kid...webbed feet...lol... I know exactly what pattern your using!

Unknown said...

Lovely yarn colours.

FeyRhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FeyRhi said...

Thank you Thank you. The eyeballs are sounding funnier and funnier every time I think of it. I might do it yet.

Yes, mum. I'm going to wear it to Gran's...with the little eyes

I love this colourway. It's one of the new 'power stripe' Tofusies.

(edited to correct atrocious spelling)

Paxa said...

You are going to take a picture of the cowl when you're done aren't you? I have got to see this one LOL