Monday, September 22, 2008

Been knitting up a storm

I have been knitting my brains out lately. I think it has more to do with all the emotional roller coaster I have been riding, although I'm thinking Valium might be cheaper. My taste in yarns lean to the pricier side LOL



Mum and I are both doing the Mystery Shawl. This is mine, half blocked after clue #1. I'm about 10 rows away from having clue #2 done and I'll post a picture once it is finished. I was concerned about the yarn when it was in the hank, the dark colours seemed so 'blobby' but now that it's knitted up a bit, I'm feeling much better about it. Being a bamboo blend it is SO soft. I just can't wait till it's finished.

This is something I joined on a whim and am having fun with. So much so I will do again. It's called Hat Attack. Where every one is both an Assassin and Target. The name of the game is to get a hat knitted to a specific pattern and get it in the mail to your target before receiving one in the mail yourself. If you 'assassinate' your 'target' before s/he finishes their hat, they mail you the unfinished attempt and their target information. You then finish the hat and mail it off, thus assassinating another. So on and so on until you receive your hat and are "dead".

My 'target' is in Quebec and her hat was put in the mail on Saturday. I know that my 'assassin' is in BC and has mailed mine to me already. I expect that I will be out of the game today or tomorrow. I didn't last long but it was fun. There is both the website and a ravelry group that you can join.

This is the second time they have done it and I really LOVE the hat pattern for the first one so I'm knitting one up. Not sure who is going to get it, maybe I'll send it to my youngest brother for the holidays.

~Daughter #1

3 comments:

Susan said...

I wasn't sure what was going to happen with your shawl when I heard that the "DOG" had ravaged the yarn! Looks very nice!

FeyRhi said...

It took 4 hours to untangle the bloody mess he made. Damn pooch thinks he's a cat. Apparently he was hitting the ball and then tackling it as it rolled. What a big dumdum.

Lucky for him, there wasn't any permanent damage and he only 'snuggled' against the part that was already knit and tried to chew the needles.

Other then an excessive amount of dog hair that I keep picking at, it has survived.

Susan said...

I believe the correct phrase for that mess before your tidy up is actually ...."yarn barf".. you gotta love it...lol