Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pashmina Ribbed Top

I have taken the plunge and am going to spoil myself. This project that I have started will be for me. Of course I will have to finish my oldest's vest and hubby's Steelers blankey before I'm finished LOL

When I say I am going to spoil myself I mean it. This pattern has been kicking around forever just waiting for me to buy the perfect yarn. Simple knit 3, Purl 2 rib. If you look in the lower right hand corner of the pattern you will see the v-neck. That's the one I'm going to make, with 1/2 sleeves. The yarn is...oh yummy... Pashmina by Lana Grossa. (22% Cashmere 78% Merino) It feels so luxurious I can't wait till it's done.

I also picked up a copy of Simply Knitting, a new (around here) magazine from Britian. And in it was a set of these pretty little stitch markers. I love them, so much nicer then using a small knotted strand like I normally do. I'm doing the main body in the round, so the markers are reminding me where the front meets the back. I'm going to do the body a bit longer too. I'm not as thin as I used to me and the last thing I want it to finish it and have part of my belly showing out the bottom. My days with crop tops are long gone.

~Daughter~

No comments: