Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crochet time

I started this, ohhhh, probably 8 years ago..sheesh Now I am finishing it for my new Grandbaby. It is wonderful yarn. Sirdar Denim Tweed DK. Of course now I am in a panic that I will run out. Some of these colours have been discontinued. I sent out about 10 emails on Ravely begging to buy or trade whenever I found any of these colours in someone''s stash. So far I have heard from 2 people. Keeping the good thought here.
I am one row away from the half way point. This is my TV watching project. This yarn is the best, it is a cotton acrylic wool blend that loves the washer and will tolerate the dryer as long as you don't cook it.
At present I have 4 lace shawls on the go and I am lusting after another. Mario Knits pattern "Spanish Armada." Five is the max (really) and then I have to finish one (believe me) before I can start another. Non knitter's do not understand the concept of having more than one project at a time. If I get tired of one or it becomes difficult I switch to the easy one for a respite. Then when refreshed I go back to the challenging one. Makes sense to me. Same reason why I read more than one book at a time.
 This is my "Icarus Shawl." I am almost finished the second wing. Intriguing knit I must say. Look for the pattern on Ravelry by  the name "In The Pink" by Izzyknits.

No comments: