Friday, October 1, 2010

Light turquoise cotton sweater.

This sweater was knit about 10 years ago. That says a lot about the yarn. This is a worsted weight cotton from Greece. When I knit this cardigan the yarn was being sold as Intermezzo Aran by Elann. The pattern was a Leisure Arts leaflet.....which I am looking for.
I have tossed it in the washer and dryer. Once I spilt coffee all over one sleeve and it still washes up like new. It actually fits me again!
The pattern was for a sleeveless top. I used Ann Budd's wonderful sweater book to knit a dropped shoulder sleeve. I stuck 3 repeats of lace down the middle of the sleeve. I am thinking I would like to make another one for spring. The stash has lots and lots of this cotton just crying out to be knit. Now, where did I see that leaflet last...Hmmmm????? The pattern is out of print now. So WHEN I find it if anyone else wants to have a go just send me an email. I would be happy to share.
Later the same evening: I found the photo copy I knit from, somewhere hides the original. It is Leisure Arts leaflet 868. I have all my notations and the sleeve pattern.
It is moments like this when I justify keeping every pattern I have ever knit...basking in the glow.
Just for the heck of it I "googled" the pattern and look what I found? For sale on Etsy!!! I bought it. Just in case I can't find my original. I love it when everything comes together..sqeeeeee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really nice Susan. Good stuff always lasts.