Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lastest report


I am getting ready to set up Susan Pandorf's Evanstar shawl. My silk arrived and frankly I have been putting off winding it into a ball. Love silk but it can be a bitch when it tangles.

The Evanstar KAL group on Ravelry has all kinds of wonderful threads not just about the actual knitting but techniques and ideas. That's where I found how this ( see above) can be considered as my new favourite knitting notion. Many thanks to "NutmegOwl" (Ravelry name) for her tremendous idea! How you may ask? All shall be revealed right now. I wound the silk on the ball winder and then slipped it off the ball winder onto the spindle of the empty CD box. The lid fastens the ball in place so there is no rolling snarling and tangling as there would be in a zip lock bag.Next fantastic idea from Tech Knitting. A circular belly button cast on using an umbilical cord this is my first try. I plan on taking it out and doing it again. I didn't leave a long enough tail to draw up the center.
The Evanstar Shawl warranted a trip to Little Red Mitten for an Addi Lace needle. Purchase of tools and notions is allowed under the "yarn fast rules." Also gave me an opportunity to take my new car on an outing.

I have started the Traveling Sweater with BlueMoon Fiber Arts, WooBoo. This is a treat to knit with. So far I only have half of one wedge completed and I have to knit it 8 wedges around and then block it out . The sleeves are ribbed as well. Lordy that is going to be a lot of K2P2. I will be glad of this sweater come fall.
This weekend I hope to get the Adamas Shawl blocked, ready for the cool weather.

I actually managed to resist some beautiful pinky orange silk when I was at Red Mitten. Time to go polish my halo.

No comments: