Thursday, December 10, 2009

I put it in a safe place....

How many times have I said that? My youngest has been known to reply with,"Mom, if you used the same place everytime this wouldn't happen." Bless him, he knows not where of he speaks. You can only get so much wool in the cedar chest.
Let me explain. Back in Connecticut last August I bought 2 balls of all the colours for this vest and four balls for background. Last night I finished ball #3 of the grey. You guessed it. While I was knitting someone must have broken into the house and put the other grey ball somewhere else. Cause it wasn't with the other colours. I looked in the closet, in all the knitting bags ( I have a plethora), top shelf in my den (which requires standing on a chair), behind my knitting chair, bed room closet, sock yarn stash, drawers in the secretary........panic is setting in...I know I bought four...I begin doubting myself....bad sign.
My mother always says,"If you have looked in the likely places and can't find something look in the unlikely places." Found it!!!! in a bag of bunnies I was going to dress for Christmas but will now be dressing for Easter. Don't ask... me I have no idea how it got there.

Half a motif to go and it will be time to crochet the steeks and then get out the Really Big Scissors. I will be sure to post pictures of the proceedure. Those who are faint of heart may look away.

2 comments:

Helen said...

The person who broke into the house put it there. It's obvious.

Unknown said...

Well, it's not here, honest.