Friday, September 25, 2009

Fair Isle knitting

The first band of the design is finished on Michael's vest. I am into the water and waves motif then comes the anchors and chains. When I am further along I will explain the significance of these designs. I really really like this wool for fair isle work. It is "Whiskey" by Reynolds, 100% wool, 170 some odd meters to 50 gm. To see the colours I am using go back a bunch of posts and you will see a picture of a wooden bowl full of loaves of wool. That's the wool I bought in Connecticut. I just noticed that the colour photoed incorrectly. Joys of using a flash at 6:30 in the morning. It is really brown zigzags on a green. Hmmm.. Oh well, looks good either way. Hopefully I will get a couple of inches done this weekend because the kit I ordered is on it's way and once that arrives...well you know. I am going to have to start it just because because.....

1 comment:

FuguesStateKnits said...

Love Fair Isle and LOVE your choice of color! Will be following this project with interest. Don't know how you knit so quickly!
Take care,
joan