Saturday, October 4, 2008

Knitting with thread.

I have to redefine my use of the term "yarn thread" I mentioned in my last post, the fingering 4ply I was using was like knitting with thread. It isn't.

I too am working on the Halloween Mystery Shawl. The pattern calls for a 2ply lace weight. This truly is yarn thread. Yes, you can go lighter with 'cobweb' weight, but I can guarentee I never will. This stuff is driving me nuts.

100% merino preshrunk wool, it is so very soft. The yarn itself is very pretty and I like the colours, but I have frogged and changed needle sizes about a dozen times already. A panicked email to mum, because I was sure what I purchased was too light.

Finally I have gotten past the 15 row. While I won't say this is my favourite stuff, now that there are some beads on it (adding some weight to the piece) I think it is OK. I'll post a picture when I am done the first clue. I'm a little over half way there.

This is to be my plane project when I go on vacation next week. The beads slow me down some, which isn't such a bad thing. I think I am finally starting to enjoy the pattern. ;o)

Daughter #1

No comments: