Saturday, February 11, 2012

Nouveau Beaded Capelet

A year + ago I purchased some silk from Earthfaire for a KAL. Loved the silk yarn, still do, but it just didn't sit right with me for that particular pattern. So, into the stash it went. The colour is Dragon Fire. Which was enough to catch my attention right there. It is a gradiance colour way which means it goes from dk reds to red yellow. To - die- for. It is gorgeous.
One of my most favourite periods in style and design is the Art Noveau Period dominated, inspired by Alphonse Mucha. See picture above.
Along comes an e mail from Earthfaire, and if you have never visited their site, click on the link, I can wait.
So now they tell me about the KAL for a Nouveau Beaded Capelet.
I am in serious trouble as I am closing on on the end of Chart three for the In Dreams beaded shawl.
I stop to do a check. Why should I knit this pattern? It is Art Nouveau, it has beads, lots of beads, 6000 beads, I have the silk, I have the skill. I do not have the beads, no problem Ellen at Earthfaire to the rescue. I do not have the time, who needs to eat. I am sunk. I am weak.
Sometimes I think that if knitters were painters or  jewelers society would have more respect for their accomplishments.
This is way beyond socks and toques. This is wearable art.
I am going to be the best dressed Centenarian in the "Old Folks Home."

No comments: