Saturday, February 13, 2010

Faster, Higher, Stronger

I signed up for the Knitting Olympics over at the Yarn Harlot. It felt like a good idea and will give me something to work for. This is as close as I am ever going to get to the Olympics as I am allergic to exercise and have bragged for years that my idea of strenuous exercise was to read War and Peace again.
My venue will be the Swallow Tail Shawl on 3.75 needles with 100% soybean yarn. Hand dyed in Mississauga, Ontario by Dye Version, Hand Dyed Fibres. Must have Canadian Content!


I swatched in training mode. Supplies on hand: chocolate, hand lotion, stitch markers, row counter (with accompanying stunning neck cord, executed by moi) and lip balm for the tense moments when I lick my lips to much....pattern, scissors, yarn wound and I should be good to go. Yes, that is my Crown Royal bag full of Addi turbo's. More precious than rubies. I started during the opening ceremony but failed in the preliminary start. My event is about to start....again
I have 3 teddies ready for stuffing and a fourth on the needles. They are on the side lines until the torch goes out.
Let the games begin.....and as my son would say, "Maple Leaf Forever"

2 comments:

SandyHam said...

Those teddies are gorgeous! And I was with you when you bought the dye-version yarn, and I can attest that it is beyond beautiful! I can hardly wait to see the finished shawl!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the shawl.
ron in mexico