Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update on Meg's Gansey



Well, I discovered that the yoke of Meg's gansey was too short. If I had continued in plain stocking stitch my row count would have been to gauge BUT I introduced a pattern WITH cables and eh voila the row count is to short. Sooooo I am adding another pattern repeat. I mean it is no big deal except I thought I would be working on the sleeves today..shucks

I have been spending a lot of time on Ravelry, it is totally addictive. It is exciting to be in a place where every click brings something new and everyone has the same "fibre" gene. I found this today.....






and downloaded the free pattern in a thrice. Gotta make one for this fall. I am looking for projects I can complete in a month. It is my "one-project-a-month-for-six-months-goal," besides the "other" knitting. {Why 6 months?? tell you later!!}


Anyway this looks like fun and it will be a nice show off piece. I especially like the way it was "finished "by "mintlatte." It is all in the finishing!




Alone again today and too gas poor to go anywhere. Carl will be gone until late tonight. Everyone is a tank of gas away. D#%* govenment anyway. I went to the library and picked up this to keep me occupied this afternoon. I can play it on my laptop while I knit on the aformentioned gansey.







I joined a knitting competition on Ravelry I have to knit something smallish and summery. It is just a fun thing (as if I didn't have enough to do). It has to be finished by the end of July. then there is the Auguest project and the KnitOlympics. I haven't decided on that one yet. It is all about keeping the mind and the hands busy.

No comments: