Friday, August 24, 2012

Stitches Midwest 2012

The hotel service was "platinum," the classes were excellent everything was above what I expected. The market place was very exciting. As a registered attendee we had first peek on Thursday evening. When the doors opened it was like a "cattle drive," as my husband described it, as we poured through the doors.
That's me in the green jacket.
Friday was the session on designing skirts and the meet the teacher's luncheon.
omg there I am again!

Nicky Epstein at our table.
The Student Banquet was delicious and it was a treat to have Antje Gillingham at our table her ruffled skirt design was gorgeous.
Contrary to what many believe, as I talk a good fight, I find getting up in front of hundreds of people is very intimidating. The ladies at my table talked me into entering the Student Fashion show based on the number of knitter's who had commented on my shawl in the hall when we were waiting to enter the banquet room. My heart was pounding and my knees were shaking but I did it!! ... and loved it.. lol
MMario Knits, Queen Anne Lace, Misti alpaca lace weight yarn.

I went to the PJ party Sat evening but I was so pooped and there was no where to sit I gave up and went to bed.
Franklin Habit and bear.
merino and silk laceweight, couldn't resist the mug
You should have seen me trying to be nonchalant as I lugged my carry-on to the plane. "What, this bag? it is as light as a feather?" Did you know that yarn is duty free? Need I say more?
some linen + more linen ... ooooo

recycled blue jeans yarn ... ahhhhh
yarn bowl for stranded projects or for two on the go at once @.@
I waited 15 years to go to Stitches and it was everything I hoped it would be. To all the lovely knitters I met, thank you, it was wonderful spending time with all of you.
Four days surrounded by like minded fiber enthusiasts and praise given and received by ones peers was very gratifying. Strike that off my bucket list!

No comments: