Pellon interfacing for a base. Then I printed off pictures, bless google images, and laid them down side by side, Then added the leaves, maple of course. The overlay is a variegated green and yellow organdy. When I had everything pinned in place I stitched through all the layers together with beads. The faerie wings are from a butterfly window decal.
The back, represents me, with the "green man." The lace was white I soaked it in a solution of tea and vinegar till I got the colour I wanted. The organdy overlay gives it depth and it just feels good in your hand. The organdy doesn't show up very well in the pictures.
The front. I "photo shopped" the faerie from another web site onto the picture of a faerie glen.
Both sides. I agree it isn't very practical. So I made it as a removable book cover. Shades of my youth. Our school books always had to have covers. We made them out of brown grocery bags. Unheard of today.
Anyway I thought it would be a better idea to do it this way then it can be replaced and left out on the coffee table. I haven't had this much fun since I made the zombie for my grand daughter. I just hope the recipient likes it. I have a feeling I will be doing this again.